This Policy Privacy explains how Wolffebikes treats the information received relating to its Users’ activity on the Web site and to the Newsletter subscription.
Types of information received
Wolffebikes collects two types of information on Users: personal information and non-personal information. This information is collected notably when the User:
- Participates in a contest or promotion.
- Subscribes to the Wolffebikes Newsletter.
- Requests information on Wolffebikes products and services.
- Sends Wolffebikes questions or comments.
- Completes a job application.
- Navigates the web site.
- Purchases products and services.
Collecting personal information on the Web site
Wolffebikes may collect personal information on Users when doing so relates to the use of the Web site.
‘‘Personal information’’ is information which identifies physical persons, such as their name, contact information, address, email, telephone number, bill number, financial information, etc. Wolffebikes collects personal information when Users agree to provide it upon subscribing with Wolffebikes, notably when they decide to subscribe to a newsletter, when purchasing products or services, or when submitting a request via the Web site. Wolffebikes may also receive personal information on its commercial partners or other third parties, on the condition that these third parties confirm that the User authorized them to share this information.
Wolffebikes Newsletter Subscription
The purpose of the Wolffebikes Newsletter is to inform Users of any updates and help Wolffebikes better respond to their needs. To this end, Wolffebikes collects certain personal information and opens a file for the User, notably when they subscribe to the Newsletter, proceed to purchase products and services in-store, benefit from offers or rewards and communicate with Wolffebikes.
This information is collected and used for the following purposes:
- To conceive, improve or market Wolffebikes products or services (which may include marketing studies and surveys).
- To verify the identity of users and ensure their protection, as well as that of Wolffebikes, against fraud and false declarations.
- To offer rewards, product and service offers and targeted benefits related to Wolffebikes.
- To organize promotional activities and communicate with winning persons for matters related to the contest.
Using personal information
Wolffebikes treats the personal information of all persons it interacts with seriously. Wolffebikes strictly limits the collecting of personal information to that required for conducting business.
Only the person authorized by Wolffebikes has access to personal information. These employees are informed by Wolffebikes of their obligation to keep this personal information confidential.
Wolffebikes can use the personal information collected on the Web site or with the Wolffebikes Newsletter, for the following purposes:
- Providing products and services or information requested by the Users, to communicate with them to respond to a question, for internal quality assurance or to maintain the quality of the information provided by way of the web site.
- To inform Users about news, updates, information, or special offers regarding Wolffebikes products and services, but the sending of these electronic messages is done in compliance with so-called anti-spam laws and the User can, at any time, ask Wolffebikes to remove their address from Wolffebikes’ electronic message sending list.
- Wolffebikes can also use the personal information if it has reasonable cause to believe it can be used for an inquest regarding the violation of a federal, provincial, or foreign law, or to ensure the protection or defense of a legal interest.
Saving personal information
Wolffebikes saves the personal information it collects if it is deemed necessary for conducting business.
Upon a User’s request, Wolffebikes may erase any personal information regarding the Wolffebikes’ Newsletter once a User’s subscription to the Wolffebikes’ Newsletter has been terminated. For this, the User must contact Wolffebikes’ customer service via email.
Communicating personal information
Wolffebikes agrees not to render public, sell, rent, or share personal information to any party.
Wolffebikes will only communicate personal information to a third party in the following circumstances:
- The User expressly authorizes Wolffebikes to communicate the information provided for a specific purpose.
- The third parties in question act on behalf of Wolffebikes as agents or suppliers of goods or services, and the information is communicated directly to them to improve the services rendered by Wolffebikes. These third parties respect the strict contractual provisions which require them to maintain the confidentiality of all information and to use them only for purposes related to the providing of Wolffebikes products or services.
- In compliance with the provisions that apply to a Wolffebikes service or to the sale of products, to facilitate the rendering of the service in question or the sale of products, namely for the purpose of satisfying legal obligations.
- If Wolffebikes is engaged to provide personal information in response to a properly authorized judicial order, to subpoena documents, to an inquest by authorities, or when such is otherwise required by law. Wolffebikes also reserves the right to inform authorities of the law of any activity Wolffebikes truthfully believes to be illegal. Wolffebikes may communicate certain personal information when it deems such communication to be reasonably necessary to protect the rights, the goods, or the security of a third party as well as that of Wolffebikes or to ensure the User’s obligations to Wolffebikes are upheld.
Security of personal information
Wolffebikes takes the security and protection of personal information seriously. Wolffebikes takes the technical, contractual, and administrative measures and necessary materials for protecting personal information the User provides, including the encryption of a secure exchange (Secure Socket Layer – SSL) using the SHA-256 algorithm with RSA encryption, when required. While it is impossible to guarantee full protection and that Wolffebikes cannot be held responsible in the event of theft, illegal use or unauthorized divulging, loss, alteration, or destruction of the personal information by a third party, Wolffebikes has adopted rigorous methods with strict security standards to ensure the protection of personal information.
To protect the integrity of data transmitted when submitting your payment online, Wolffebikes has put in place several security measures. All transactions performed are numbered at 128 bits when transferring between the intermediary of the payment and your computer. Each session is automatically deactivated once the transaction is complete. Despite this, do not leave a session open without surveillance. Always close your screen or your declaration session before abandoning the computer, even if you plan on returning in a few minutes.
Access to personal information and modifications
The User may access their personal information for the purposes of consulting, updating, or modifying it by communicating with Wolffebikes via our Contact Form. (add link to our contact form)
You can also contact Wolffebikes at the following address:
9665, rue Clément
Canada H8R 4B4
Wolffebikes takes the necessary precautions to comply with applicable laws concerning privacy of minors. The content of the Web site is aimed at a general audience and not minors. Wolffebikes will therefore not seek to collect personal information from minors without the verified consent of the parental authority or otherwise according to what the law permits. If at any time you believe Wolffebikes is doing so, please let us know.
Collecting personal information
Regarding the use of its Web site, Wolffebikes may collect the personal information of its Users.
“Non-personal information’’ is information such as Internet domain (for example, “companyabc.com”) and the Internet Protocol address (IP address) used to access the Web site, the date and time of visit, the pages visited, the type and version of web browser or the operating system used by a User as well as the web site the User just accessed and which they will access. General information, such as demographic statistics about the Users, number of visits and average time spent using the Web site are also considered non-personal information.
Wolffebikes collects and obtains non-personal information regarding the use of its Web site. For example, when a User chooses to visit the Web site, the servers may automatically collect non-personal information provided via a web browser or stored in a cookie, or in another digital format.
Using non-personal information
Wolffebikes uses non-personal information for following up on a visit to the Web site and for improving use, performing statistical analyses on the overall characteristics and habits of Users, measuring the demographic variables and interests of Users relating to specific products and services, describing these products or services to a third party and potential business partners, and determining how and where the application of Wolffebikes resources can be used most effectively. No personal information is divulged regarding these activities.
This non-personal information is necessary for Wolffebikes to collect the personal information required for counting the number of visitors, most visited pages, technology used by the customers of the Web site, sourcing sites and Users’ home countries.
Cookies are fragments of information sent through the User’s computer when they consult a web site. They are recorded, temporarily or permanently, on hard drives, therefore leaving a record of the visit. This information can include such things as the date and time of the User’s last visit. Cookies can also improve the online experience by recording browser preferences for a particular web site.
Cookies folders saved on the hard drive are inoffensive and can be read and deleted at any time. As such, the User has total control. This information regards the total number of visitors to a Web site as well as the duration of these visits. When the User consults a Web site, a cookie is created and saved on their computer, which allows Wolffebikes to “recognize’’ a User each time they consult the Web site.
Hyperlinks to Third Party Sites
Questions, comments, or suggestions